Hey MF b a e b e s ! If you're like us, you love a good skin care routine. When talking about getting glowing skin people usually refer to skin care products and makeup items and lifestyle habits but I have compiled a list of my TOP 5 foods for glowing skin and how they benefit the skin.
- Dark Chocolate: Yes, chocolate is good for you! The reason chocolate is famously associated with breakouts and bad skin is because milk chocolate contains a lot of sugar content, additives and milk powder. It’s these ingredients that cause the breakouts, not the cacao itself. Dark chocolate, with a higher percentage of cacao and much less of milk and sugar is rich in antioxidants which help fight sun damage and preserve a youthful glow and uplifted effect to the skin.
- Carrots: We hope you love a good stir fry because this wonder vegetable is rich in Beta-carotene and Vitamin A. Both of these are not only good for the eyes, they also help maintain adequate cell turn over and reduce acne production in the skin. As we all know, less dead skin cells and less acne equals glowing skin
- Turmeric: There’s a reason why this Indian spice has been all the rage with turmeric lattes these days. Not only is it effective in fighting cancer and inflammation it has a very strong anti-oxidant Curcumin which is one of the strongest anti-oxidants to fight off the free radicals produced by sun damage which cause premature aging. So bottoms up to those turmeric shots for healthy, glowing skin.
- Salmon: It seems like in trend foods are in trend for a reason. That salmon contains omega-3 fatty acids is old knowledge by now but did you know it also contains DMAE which is very good for protecting the integrity of cell membranes. This is essential for preventing premature aging of the skin and aged sign cannot look glowy. It also helps prevent production of Arachidonic Acid which is a pro-inflammatory produced by the body that causes more wrinkle formation.
- Avocado: Avocados are a super food rich in anti-oxidants such as lutein and beta carotene. As we’ve already made abundantly clear above these anti-oxidants will help fight signs of aging and promote the formation of healthy, glowing skin.
There are tons of foods out there that are good for your skin. We’ve only covered the most popular and tastiest foods here. Cheers to you all maintaining that beaming skin b a e b e !